Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held Monday, June 26 at 7pm
Arts on the Ave Edmonton Society (AOTA) is holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday, June 26 at 7:00 pm at The Carrot Community Arts Coffeehouse. Members must have purchased membership 30 days prior to the AGM in order to vote. You can purchase or renew your memberships online or in person at The Carrot Community Arts Coffeehouse (9351-118 Avenue, Edmonton).
Nominations to the Board
The AOTA Nominating Committee is looking for interested members to join the Board. If you are interested in serving, please read on.
Requirements to sit on the Board
- You must have an interest in the arts and a belief in neighbourhood renewal
- You must be a member at least 30 days before the June 26, 2017 AGM
- You must submit a letter and phone numbers of two references to AOTA president: Jon Jon Rivero by June 12, 2017, two weeks before the AGM.
- A nomination letter can contain a resume or any other information you think pertinent to a board position.
- You can be nominated by another AOTA member; self-nominations are accepted. Nominations from the floor of the AGM are not accepted.
- The nominations committee will hold an interview or phone interview with all candidates.
- The nominations committee will make recommendations for board membership to the AGM; these nominations must be voted on.
- Board membership is immediate at AGM.
If you are interested, please visit www.artsontheave.org and read the mission, mandate and goal statements to get a better understanding of what the board of AOTA does.